Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review : Baffi & Mo

94 Redfern St
Redfern NSW 2016

Open Daily 7am-3pm

Baffi & Mo is a cafe I ride by every day on my way to work & have longed to visit.
One lazy weekday Buggles & I decided to do so.


The cafe is very small, with two largish communal tables (Buggles & Squeak hate a communal table) & a few smaller tables inside & out.
Unfortunately, there were no smaller tables available & we were forced to perch ourselves at the end of the larger communal table.


We perused the menu and I decided on the Eggs Benedict with bacon instead of ham & with potato hash on the side.

I love hash browns, they are absolutely one of my all time favourite breakfast must haves.
The potato hash at Baffi & Mo is the stuff of legend, crispy on the outside, light & fluffy on the inside. My only regret...I didn't order two or three. The eggs were perfectly poached, the bacon smoky & crispy & the hollandaise light & tangy. All up, quite delicious.
On our next visit however, I will definitely forgo the toast & order a second serve of potato hash...when it comes to carbs, you must choose wisely!

Buggles orders the Potato Hash Stack. This held much promise. We were visualising a tower of Potato hash, perhaps two or three levels of hash....alas it was not to be. It consisted of one serve of potato hash with ham, avocado, tomato and asparagus topped with a poached egg. While tasty, it wasn't what Buggles had hoped for.

The potato hash alone warrants a visit to Baffi & Mo, the efficient service & relaxed vibe add to the experience. We will return!

After my potato hash experience I find myself thinking about it every morning I ride by Baffi & Mo....would it be wrong to pull over, pop inside & ask for 2 hash browns to go?

Squeak

Baffi and Mo on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Simon Leong said...

oh yeah. the best hash brown i've ever had too http://simonfoodfavourites.blogspot.com/2010/01/baffi-mo-espresso-potato-hash-for-my.html definitely a legend hash to compare to all others. let's hope they keep up the quality and service for ever more. :-) i wish i lived closer to have every morning.

SaintShylo said...

The sandwiches from there are also legendary! well worth the crazy prices! every time i get a snadwich i compare it to the ones ive had from here